The Open Access movement is a recent development in the history of academic publication. It is mainly represented by several international organisations working outside the national institutional scope, enabling issues to be tackled on more suitable scales. Whether associations or networks, these organisations help define the Open Access landscape by debating its issues, laying down directions of evolution, and by influencing public policy. To encourage concerted approaches among international acts within collective organisations, OpenEdition is a member of several Open Access associations, especially:
- The Directory of Open Access Journals, an international directory of Open Access academic journals, promoting the visibility and accessibility of scholarly journals publishing full-text electronic journals on open access;
- SPARC Europe, an alliance of university and research libraries, library associations and research institutions in favour of open access.
- We have also applied to join the Open Access Scholarly Publishers Association (OASPA), who invited us to take part in this year’s Open Access conference in Budapest
Within the framework of the Budapest conference, we contributed to the Budapest Open Access Initiative Declaration as well as to its French translation. We also took part in discussions have led to the creation of the Directory of Open Access Books (DOAB);
OpenEdition Books, our future platform dedicated to books, will have a major contribution to make to this directory. Many university presses have already joined us, and we have also formed alliances with other university presses deeply involved in Open Access in a number of countries: the United Kingdom, Germany, Hungary, the USA, Canada, Switzerland, Belgium, and the Netherlands, among others. We shall be informing you of new additions to the OpenEdition Books catalogue in a few months time.
Read this post in French : http://leo.hypotheses.org/10067
Print This Post
- The Directory of Open Access Books: a new service of OAPEN in partnership with OpenEdition
- German publisher C.H.Beck joins OpenEdition Books for open access publishing
- Open Access Week: OpenEdition in Torino on October 22
- OpenEdition Academic Committee’s statement on Open Access
- Can we reach Open Access in the Humanities and the Social sciences ? (conference, Mexico, September 17th)