A new OAI-PMH repository for OpenEdition
OpenEdition has recently set up a new OAI-PMH repository, available at this address: http://oai.openedition.org.
This repository is accessible to all and contains all documents from the OpenEdition Books, Revues.org, Hypotheses, and Calenda platforms. It replaces our previous repository, created in 2009, which contained data from Revues.org only.
The repository contains data in Dublin Core (DC) and METS (Metadata Encoding and Transmission Standard) formats. Furthermore, OpenEdition partners have access to our TEI (Text Encoding Initiative), which describes the full text of the documents available on Revues.org and OpenEdition Books.
Here are the main requests that can be addressed to the repository. Please note that requests return results in XML format and are primarily intended for data-harvesting bots.
- Identify the repository: http://oai.openedition.org/?verb=Identify
- List records (journal issues, articles, books, chapters, posts): http://oai.openedition.org/?verb=ListRecords&metadataPrefix=oai_dc
- List sets (journals, blogs, publisher sites): http://oai.openedition.org/?verb=ListSets
- List available formats: http://oai.openedition.org/?verb=ListMetadataFormats
- List identifiers: http://oai.openedition.org/?verb=ListIdentifiers&metadataPrefix=oai_dc
Complete technical documentation is available at the following address: http://www.openedition.org/8883