CNRS-OpenEdition recruits a Project Technical Officer for OPERAS-D and HIRMEOS projects
OpenEdition is a research infrastructure based in France dedicated to open access publication in the humanities and social sciences. OpenEdition coordinates OPERAS, a joint effort by 19 institutions in 9 countries to develop a common infrastructure in the European research area and align their strategy.
In 2017, OpenEdition will move OPERAS a step forward with the launching of two coordinate Horizon 2020 e-infrastructure projects :
- The OPERAS-D project “Design for Open Access Publications in European Research Areas for Social Sciences and Humanities” will support the five main partners of the OPERAS network in the development of a new European e-infrastructure for open access publishing in the Social Sciences and Humanities (SSH) and achieve the design study for it.
- The HIRMEOS project “High Integration of Research Monograph in the European Open Science Infrastructure” will improve five important platforms publishing open access monographs in the SSH (OpenEdition, Oapen, Ubiquity Press, Göttingen University Press, EKT e-publishing) by enhancing their technical capacities and services and embedding them fully into the European Open Science Cloud.
In this context, CNRS OpenEdition is recruiting a Project Technical Officer.
The technical officer will be responsible for the implementation and monitoring of the technical aspects of the OPERAS-D and HIRMEOS projects.
- In the framework of HIRMEOS
– Monitor and coordinate the overall technical developments of the project: Identification services, Named entities recognition services, Certification service, Annotation services, Metrics services,
– Supervise and facilitate the implementation of services on the five involved platforms,
– Ensure an optimal coordination between platforms: follow-up of technical developments, workflow between Work Packages and others services developed by each platform,
– Support and ensure the exchanges between the technical Work Package Leaders (internal communication),
– Ensure that services development and implementation are achieved on time and gather the contributions (including planned deliverables) in compliance with the established work plan,
– Participate in the writing of activity reports,
– Prepare and organise technical meetings,
– Develop the data management plan of the project.
- In the framework of OPERAS-D
– Describe the technical and service requirements by mapping the consortium’s technical environment,
– Identify services OPERAS will have to develop in terms of long-term requirements (roadmap),
– Establish an user driven design for future services,
You will need:
– A Master’s degree in Computer science or library or information science or similar
– Professional experience or good knowledge of digital humanities or information management or open access academic publishing or e-infrastructures,
– Good level of written (report production) and spoken English and an intermediate level for French,
– Ability to work in a team and within a multicultural context,
– Autonomy, strong discipline and rapid responsiveness,
Employment situation and conditions
– The position is offered at CNRS as full-time for the projects period (30 months) starting the 1st of January 2017,
– Responsabilities are split up 50% between OPERAS_D and HIRMEOS,
– The position will be located in Paris (France) at EHESS (190, avenue de France until April 2017 and 54, boulevard Raspail from May 2017) in OpenEdition offices,
– Recruitment level: engineer (MSc or equivalent),
– Gross annual salary: around EUR 30000 (in accordance with prior experience),
– For further information, please contact Pierre Mounier (email@example.com) or Dasa Radovic (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Please apply by sending your CV and cover letter before November 30 2016 to: email@example.com