First results of the crowdfunding OpenEdition Books Select experiment: Six titles published in open access
OpenEdition Books Select is the first crowdfunding programme for scientific publishing in French. Launched in 2018 in partnership with Knowledge Unlatched and the Couperin consortium, this unprecedented project aims to publish in open access a bundle of books by major publishers in the humanities and social sciences. The crowdfunding campaign is aimed at libraries around the world, enabling them to offer any reader access to French-language content of the highest quality. This ethical and transparent model is based on a collaboration between publishers and libraries committed to open science.
The works published in this first phase of the project are new releases published between late 2018 and early 2019. These are the six titles:
- Le cinéma ou le dernier des arts (Presses Universitaires de Rennes)
- Le théâtre de Dumas père, entre héritage et renouvellement (Presses Universitaires de Rennes)
- Enquêter, former, publier au cœur de la cité (IES Éditions)
- Cases-pixels : une histoire de la BD numérique en France (Presses universitaires François-Rabelais)
- Les mises en guerre de l’État (ENS Éditions)
- Qu’est-ce qu’une archive du Web ? (OpenEdition Press)
We warmly thank the institutions that have contributed to releasing these books. The other titles in the bundle (including 4 new releases and 20 backlist titles) may also be published in open access should other libraries offer their support. Libraries have the opportunity to participate in the campaign until 30 April 2019.
For any additional information, please contact us at the following address: oebselect[at]openedition.org.