OPERAS Conference “Opening up Social Sciences and Humanities in Europe: From Promises to Reality”: registration is open!
The conference “Opening up Social Sciences and Humanities in Europe: From Promises to Reality”, organized by OPERAS consortium, coordinated by OpenEdition and Huma-Num, will be fully digital this year and will take place from 2–4 November 2020. Registration is now open.
This conference aims at being a discussion hub in which different players such as researchers, decision makers, publishers and librarians e.g. can share and compare their take on the current scholarly communication system and their vision for a sustainable future.
The workshops and panels will address the following issues:
- What are researchers’ needs and visions regarding research infrastructures, services and policies?
- What role can Open Infrastructures play in supporting the shift towards openness and in offering the services and tools the community really needs?
- What are the challenges preventing social sciences and humanities researchers from adopting openness as default scholarly communication practice?
- What is needed for Open Science policies and frameworks such as Plan S and EOSC to be adopted by social sciences and humanities communities?
- What’s the future for books, and what about sustainable business models in publishing?
Full program, information on the speakers and registration: operas2020.com